Like you face life with many different tactics for different situations, poker playing also needs similar use of tactics at all times. Unless you have a plan in place for every given situation, you cannot seem to remain in control of yourself and your game. Here are some tips to help you develop the right tactics depending on the situation.
1. If you have a very weak hand, do not hesitate to fold it up.
2. Behaving like a pro at poker will not be of much help unless you are carrying the necessary bankroll which pros feel should be a minimum of 50 times above the table limits.
3. When you know that you are having a very strong hand, ensure that you take your opponents down as much as possible with it.
4. The initial cards that are dealt to you are the basis for your hand. Your decision to play the game should be based on these cards and should not be on the supposed cards that will come in the draw. Remember that the chances of bettering the initial hand are fifty-fifty.
5. When you are playing it is essential to identify the good players and avoid going up against them as much as possible. You might just end up losing heavily or even if you get lucky and score, the winnings will not be an equalizer to your efforts.
6. When you are out playing poker, your only aim is to have a stronger hand than your opponents or making them believe you have the upper hand. When you are able to do this, in most situations the game is yours.
7. If somebody is trying to better you by raising the bets all the time, do not join the bandwagon unless you are sure that you have a strong enough hand to out beat them. If not, do not hesitate to fold. You will always have your chance later.
8. Do not lose your cool. It is a disadvantage to you and an advantage to your opponents.
9. Quit a game when you know the other players are too good for you and avoid playing a game where you are not comfortable with the high stakes. If you are all the time worried about losing all that money, you will not play to your full potential.
10. Do not get stuck up with a strong hand when you become aware that you have been out beaten.
11. Maintain records of your game and use them for reference as much as possible.
12. It is vital to enjoy playing at all times. So, avoid playing if you are not in the right mood or if you are stressed out.
13. You should be a good calculator of odds and percentages if you want to be a good poker player.
14. One common mistake that many players do is to play every hand that is dealt. You should learn to play only selected hands and folding others.
15. If you are planning on bluffing, bear in mind the odds in the game to decide whether or not it is worthwhile.
16. Poker follows the rule “Survival of the Fittest”. Always ensure that you are playing more opponents that are weaker than you are rather than stronger players.
17. Play the version of poker that you are most comfortable with. There is no point in trying to win at something you are not aware of completely.
18. There is definitely a difference between playing live players and going online. Live players are usually more skilful and will play a more calculated game.
19. If you are having a lousy streak, it is best to go for a short break to freshen up and start anew. Also, take breaks in between to keep your mind ticking and alert.
20. Improve upon your skills by studying your game in detail. Play in games with lesser stakes to improvise on your skills.
21. When you get to the online casino website, take a look at the many promotions and bonuses they offer. Look for the site that seems to have the best opportunities for the games that you enjoy and the way that you like to play - and then have fun!
22. You can find very useful poker info at: www.poker-apps.org
New UK players at All Slots are eligible for a very generous 100% of up to
200 pounds on their first deposit. On all further deposits, the player will
be awarded a 10% cash back bonus every month. One of the unique advantages
at All Slots is that bonus money is available immediately.